Best Challenge Coin Design Tips for Custom Challenge Coins
There are several ways to take your Challenge Coin design to the next level:
- Use high-quality materials: Challenge Coins are made of metal, such as brass or zinc alloy. For a premium look and durable feel, NEVER use ceramic (i.e. used for poker chips), wood, plastic, or any other inferior materials.
- Incorporate intricate details: Challenge Coins are often small in size, so incorporating intricate details can make a big impact. Consider adding 3D features, such as a raised emblem or a cut-out design, to add depth and dimension to your Challenge Coin design.
- Use multiple colors: Many Challenge Coin designs feature a single color or simple two-tone design. Using multiple colors can make your coin stand out and give it a more dynamic and eye-catching look.
- Protection against wear and tear: Clear Armor provides a protective layer on top of the Challenge Coin’s design, helping to prevent damage from scratches, nicks, and other forms of wear and tear. This makes the coin more durable and long-lasting, ensuring that it will be cherished for many years to come.
- Incorporate custom shapes: Challenge Coins are usually round, but using a custom shape, such as a shield or a Maltese cross, can make your coin more unique and memorable.
- Consider the edge of the coin: The edge of a Challenge Coin is often overlooked, but it can be an important design element. Some coins have raised edges, others have flat edges, and some have a special design or a diamond-cut edge.
- Add texture and dimension: To add interest and dimension to your coin, consider using different textures, like a matte or glossy finish, or adding a 3D element to the design.
- Use custom packaging: Standard coin holders, velvet pouches or presentation boxes are common for Challenge Coin packaging, but using custom packaging can make your coins even more special and memorable.
- Get creative with your Challenge Coin design: The design of a Challenge Coin is an opportunity to showcase the mission, values, or history of an organization. Get creative with your Challenge Coin design and make it unique and meaningful.
- Get feedback: Before finalizing your Challenge Coin design, get feedback from members of your organization or other experts in the field. This can help you identify any issues or opportunities for improvement and make sure your Challenge Coin is well-received.
- Use a professional: Designing and creating a Challenge Coin can be a complex process. Consider working with a highly experienced designer and manufacturer of Challenge Coins, like COINFORCE, to ensure your Challenge Coins are of the highest quality and accurately reflect your organization.
Challenge Coins are a great way to commemorate an achievement or commemorate an event or organization. With a little creativity and attention to detail, you can make your Challenge Coins stand out and be treasured for years to come.
Since 2003, we’ve made MILLIONS of Custom Challenge Coins for clients worldwide, let us design and make yours too! Let’s get started…today! Get a FREE no-obligation quote >>